An Interview with Christian Meermann
This week I’m really happy to share with you a conversation with an incredibly talented photographer, Christian Meermann. Christian was a member of my group in the Arcanum and went on to mentor his own group on black and white photography group. As you’ll see, Christian’s black and white animal portraits are a visual treat, and his approach to architectural photography and his thought-provoking Deliberately Confusion series is beautiful and profound.
As this episode was not scripted there is no manuscript to share this week, but here are the bullet points that formed the framework for our conversation. Please listen to the audio with the player above.
- Tell us a bit about yourself?
- How did you get into photography?
- I absolutely love your Animal portraits! Tell us more about them?
- Tell us about your Architectural photography?
- Tell us about your “Deliberately Confusing” series, which you term a bit of “rebellion” against the unifying effect that you feel social media and photo-sharing sites have on photography. (See this post here: https://www.chm-photography.com/blog/deliberately-confusing/)
- You can follow Christian’s blog and find his social networks here: https://www.chm-photography.com/
Here are Christian’s beautiful images in the order in which we conversed about them.
Connect with Christian Meermann here: https://www.chm-photography.com/
Subscribe in iTunes to get Podcasts delivered automatically to your computer.
Download this Podcast as an MP3 with Chapters.
Visit this page for help on how to view the images in MP3 files.
Share this post with your friends!
You can also use the social icons below...