Visit Library for MBP Pro eBooks
In this two part series, I’m delighted to bring you a conversation with my very good friend Nicholas Kitto, who’s here to tell us about the life experiences that led to the release of his new book entitled Trading Places – a photographic journey through China’s former Treaty Ports. This is a truly fascinating conversation made especially so by the fact that Nick and his family are a part of the history that he shares in wonderful detail throughout this conversation.
At nearly two hours, I’ve split the conversation into two parts and will release the second part early next week. Here is a brief outline of our conversation. As it was not scripted there is no full text for this episode, so please listen with the audio player above, and although we don’t actually talk about the images that Nick sent me until Part Two, there are some references that make these relevant, so I’ll share the photos both below and in next week’s posts.
- We start with a conversation about Nick’s background and what led him to be in Hong Kong, via a few other countries.
- Nick also shares how he got into photography.
- What is a Treaty Port and where the initial interest in the ports from?
- Nick then goes into wonderful detail about his new book.
- We talk through ten photographs that Nick sent me with some lovely anecdotes that link us directly to Nick’s history and the book itself.
- How difficult was it to actually get the book published?
- Where can people find the book? (see below)
- Where can people connect with you? (see below)
You can see details of Nick’s new book Trading Places here: https://www.treatyports.photos
You can find Nick on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/njkitto/
If you’d like to contact Nick, feel free to ask questions directly below in the blog comments, and I will alert Nick to any comments that you might post.
Here’s a photo of the book itself. It truly is beautiful.
Trading Places website: https://www.treatyports.photos
Nick on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/njkitto/
Subscribe in iTunes to get Podcasts delivered automatically to your computer.
Download this Podcast as an MP3 with Chapters.
Visit this page for help on how to view the images in MP3 files.
Share this post with your friends!
You can also use the social icons below...